If you’re looking for an impressive, delicious dessert but don’t want to spend your bank holiday in the kitchen, this No-Bake Coronation Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe is the perfect dessert for you!
You can whip up this crowd pleasing pudding quickly to serve at your street parties, family get togethers, picnics and coronation celebrations, without having to do lots of baking or prep.
You do need to allow time for the cheesecake to chill overnight making it a great dessert to make in advance so you can relax and enjoy the day.
The edible flowers on top give this tasty white chocolate cheesecake its wow factor. I got my flowers from the brilliant Badgers Garden, nr. Princes Risborough. They are grown without chemicals or pesticides. Badgers Garden supply top Michelin starred chefs with beautiful edible flowers and salads and you can order direct via their website.
Serves 8. Prep. 15 mins (+ overnight chilling).
200g white cooking chocolate broken into small pieces.
300ml full-fat cream cheese
300ml double cream
Your choice of edible flowers.
175g digestive or gingernut biscuits
75g unsalted butter melted.
- Start by making the base. Put the biscuits in a bowl or bag and bash into crumbs (I use the end of a rolling pin). Add the melted butter and stir in well.
- Use the back of a spoon to press the base mix into a 20cm/8 inch springform cake tin (or one with a removable base)
- For the topping, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir until all the lumps have disappeared. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10mins.
- Drain any liquid from the cream cheese. In a large bowl, beat it using a wooden spoon until it’s soft. Then gently fold it into the melted chocolate.
- Whip the cream so it thickens up and then fold it into the chocolate and cream cheese mix.
- Pour the topping mixture into the biscuit lined tin. Smooth over the top using a knife. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Then next day, unclip your cheesecake from the tin and decorate with edible flowers.