This is a lovely easy autumn pudding and a great way to use up lots of apples.
We love eating it with delicious cream from the Guernsey cows at Lacey Family Farm but taste delicious with custard or ice cream too.
It may even be tastier than a crumble… Serves 6
4 large cooking apples
200g unsalted butter (softened)
100g soft brown sugar
200g self-raising flour
1. Heat oven to 160C fan (180C/ gas mark4).
2. Grease an oven proof dish (approx. 1.5ltr) with butter.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together for at least 5 mins until the butter turns pale and the sugar starts to dissolve.
4. Beat in the eggs.
5. Fold in the flour with a spoon.
6. Peel, core and slice the apples and put into the dish.
7. Spread the batter over the top of the apples, then bake for 30 mins until golden.