These delicious and easy to make biscuits are great to bake with children as they can be on the table in less than 30mins. Experiment with all sorts of flavours by using different oils.
The recipe comes from award-winning Chiltern Cold Pressed Oil, known locally as “liquid gold” and loved by chefs, artisan producers and home cooks across the Chilterns. The rapeseed is grown, pressed and bottled as oil at the Meads Farm, Wilstone, nr. Tring – well worth a visit for their excellent farm shop and Farmhouse Kitchen.
Makes 16 biscuits
- 250g flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 85ml Chiltern Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- Pinch of salt
- 40ml Chiltern Cold Pressed Infused Rapeseed Oil. We recommend using either rosemary, lemon or orange or substitute with 10ml of chilli oil for a subtle kick!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 3).
- Grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil.
- Combine with a knife until a loose crumbly dough forms.
- Press into the baking tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it begins to turn golden.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Allow to cool in the baking tray before removing and enjoying.