Kate and Ben from Campfire Gin gave me such lovely recipes for the book, I thought you might enjoy their suggestions for Valentine’s cocktails too. First is Puddingstone Distillery’s Melbourne Mess. Inspired by a trip to Australia and based on a Ramos Gin Fizz and strawberry pavlova, this is the perfect Valentine’s cocktail for anyone with a sweet tooth.
60ml Campfire Navy Strength Gin
2 Fresh strawberries (muddled not blended – for better flavour)
10ml Lemon juice
10ml Lime juice
25ml Sugar syrup
25ml Egg white
25ml Single cream
- Add Campfire Navy Strength Gin and chopped strawberries to a beaker and muddle.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a cocktail shaker.
- Add all the other ingredients except the egg white. Add a few cubes of ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain to remove the ice and return the liquid to the shaker and add the egg white.
- Shake again or use a food mixer to save time!
- Now the tricky bit… pour ⅔ of the cocktail into a glass while pouring in soda water at the same time. Once the glass is just over half full pour in the remainder of the cocktail to ensure a thick foamy head.