These delicious and easy to make biscuits are great to bake with children as they
can be on the table in less than 30mins. Experiment with all sorts of flavours by
using different oils.
This recipe features in the Chilterns Recipe Book and comes from award-winning Chiltern Cold Pressed Oil, known locally as “liquid gold” and loved by chefs, artisan producers and home cooks across the
The rapeseed is grown, pressed and bottled as oil at the Meads Farm,
Wilstone, nr. Tring. Find out more about the Mead’s wonderful story and how they make their oil plus lots more local recipes in the Chilterns Recipe Book – available to buy for £20 here!
Makes 16 biscuits
125g caster sugar
85ml Chiltern Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
Pinch of salt
40ml Chiltern Cold Pressed Infused Rapeseed Oil. We recommend using
either rosemary, lemon or orange or substitute with 10ml of chilli oil for a
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 3).
- Grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil.
- Combine with a knife until a loose crumbly dough forms.
- Press into the baking tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it
begins to turn golden.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Allow to cool in the baking tray before removing and enjoying.