This classic soup is a real crowd pleaser (even leek haters will love this). It’s a great way to make the most of seasonal, local winter veg.
4 large servings
450g potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
1 onion, peeled and chopped
450g white parts of leeks washed and sliced(approx. 3 leeks)
850ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Double cream, chives and croutons, knobs of cheese.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat until it foams.
- Stir in the potatoes, onion and leek and coat them in the butter.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 10 mins.
- Stir in the stock. Cook for another 10-15mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Blend with a hand blender, reheat and enjoy with your choice of topping.