Super scones – quick to make as a lovely savoury snack or to enjoy with some soup.
PREP: 10 mins, COOKING: 10-12 MINS
- 225 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams finely grated cheese
- 25 grams wild garlic leaves chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper or grease.
3. Mix the flour and baking powder, then rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs
4. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper and finely chopped wildgarlic leaves.
5. Beat the egg and add to the mixture.
6. Add enough milk to bring the mixture all together into a soft dough.
7. Lightly dust your working surface and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out until it’s 2cm thick. Cut out your scones.
8. Place on your baking tray and brush the tops with a little milk.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the scones are golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
ENJOY! Best eaten warm from the oven with butter